Monday, February 13, 2006

Like a good dram, the 1st one will no doubt lead to others

Well..... I said I would start a blog on my favourite tipple, so here goes.

I've not been drinking anything for wee while, cause I've been under the weather, so I'll leave posting anything on tastes etc until I get my palate & nose back. In the meantime I will populate the blog with other whisky resources which I enjoy.

To begin with ( & this will not surprise those who know me) we will start with my favourite distillery.

Bruichladdich - a real island gem

The laddie site has some fantastic tasting & nosing info and like the whisky they produce, the website is a wee bitty different.
I like this stuff so much, I bought a cask of the stuff..........Its only 2 years old just now and I think the next 13 years are going to be tough, but with luck, the end product should be something just that little bit special - I went for a fresh sherry hogshead (mainly because there were no re-fill casks available at the time).

My favourite expression is the 15YO (although the forty is absolutely awesome ( thanks to uncle john for a wee snifter) unfortunately its a grand a bottle :-(

The fifteen is a real nice end of the day dram, well worth savouring. Have a look at the website for tasting info and do yourself a favour - go buy a bottle.

I promise you, whether you are a speyside, highland or peaty island fan, this will not disappoint.

Slainte.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home